One of the best features of the iA Writer app is the very generous bottom margin for text, so that no matter how much you type, you’ll never be staring past the middle point of the screen. This not only looks great, but is also easier on my computing posture, since it spares me from having to crane my neck to see the bottom of the screen. Byword for the Mac also supports this style of text outlining, and they call it Typewriter mode.

Instead of waiting for this feature to hit other apps on the iPad and Mac, I’ve tried simply “hacking” it right into my other text editors by pressing the return key 10-12 times, and then returning to the beginning of the document to write. There isn’t any fancy focus mode to blur the words (unless I squint really hard), but the text cursor never goes past the middle point of the screen, and that’s really all I need.

This is admittedly a bit of a niche tip, but given the number of iPad and Mac text editors out there, somebody is bound to find it useful. If this little trick has caught on with you, let us know in the comments!

Google just Launched their +1 Button.
Show your Support for iSource By Clicking!

View the original article here

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment